Mold exposure continues to be a concern for employers and facility managers, particularly in highly sensitive environments, such as healthcare and educational facilities. EA Group was early in recognizing the potential impact of mold and developed procedures to assess and manage the liabilities associated with mold growth in buildings. These institutions now rely on us when suspected or actual mold growth becomes an issue.
The process typically involves the following steps:
– Review of building history and visual inspection for sources of moisture and apparent growth.
– Evaluation of moisture levels in air and building components using infrared imaging and other techniques
– Air sampling to evaluate potential exposures.
– Development of detailed remediation plans, including site control, worker protection, decontamination and clearance.
– Monitoring of remediation procedures, final inspection and sampling
– Complete documentation of the assessment and remediation process